The Sustainable Improvement Team at NHS England announce the launch of our online platform Source4Networks
The comprehensive and evidence based website aims to:
• enable network leaders to undertake comprehensive diagnosis of the effectiveness and impact of networks
• create a dynamic network leadership community supporting peer to peer learning
• build and strengthen network leadership capability
• improve the impact and value of networks.
Their goal with this new platform is to provide an easy way to keep up-to-date with evidence-based best practice, literature, methodology, and access to network development tools, and to be a part of a thriving community of network leaders from across the health and care system.
The platform is the result of months of development and feedback from network leaders from across the system. It replaces and builds on a previous platform – the Network Toolkit – incorporating improvements to make it even better than before. The platform has been developed in collaboration with London South Bank University.
The platform is now live; visit and register your interest so that the community can continue to work together to improve the quality and effectiveness of networks in health and care. Insert your name and email address in the ‘Register your interest’ section on the homepage to start receiving updates from us on developments on the site and the latest in networks leadership thinking.
Features on the platform include:
- A diagnostic service for network leaders to use in diagnosing their network’s strengths and weaknesses and to shape continuous improvement
- Online tutorials and facilitation guidance for network leaders in the use of the diagnostic tool
- An online community of practice for network leaders to learn from each other and connect with and utilise the experience of other networks
- A knowledge bank of evidence and learning resources to ensure network leaders have the latest evidence and intelligence on leading effective networks
Continuing development is planned for the platform in the coming months, so please refer back to it regularly for updates.
Events and networking opportunities
To support the launch of the platform, the team are holding a tweet chat for network leaders on Monday 31st July, 6pm-7pm. The chat will cover networks in health and care, how to lead them, when to use them, how to engage people in them – a good discussion about what works. Please join in by using the hashtag #S4N, where we will bring network leaders and Twitter colleagues who know all about the evidence to share best practice.
There is also a series of masterclass webinars exploring key themes in network leadership, hosted by experts in the field. Register on the Source4Networks platform for further information and updates.
The webinar dates for the diary are:
• 4th September 2017, 15:00 – 16:00 Welcome to the S4N platform and join the community
• 25th September 2017, 15:00 – 16:00 When are Networks the Best Approach?
• 16th October 2017, 15:00 – 16:00 What does it take to be a Network Leader
• 27th November 2017, 15:00 – 16:00 Creating Value and Impact in Networks
• 11th December 2017, 15:00 – 16:00 Sustaining your Network
Further information on the webinars will be circulated in the first quarterly Source4Networks newsletter in July. Register your interest on the homepage www.source4networks.org.uk to be included on the distribution list.
If you have any questions, suggestions, feedback or comments, please e-mail Source4Networks here.
Image via Creative Commons